In December 2018, the Democracy in Europe Movement (DiEM25) and the Sanders Institute issued an open call to all progressive forces to form a common front.
"It is time for progressives of the world to unite."
Progressive International takes up that call. We unite, organise, and mobilise progressive forces behind a shared vision of a world transformed.
Become a member today.
We aspire to a world that is:
- Democratic, where all people have the power to shape their institutions and their societies.
- Decolonised, where all nations determine their collective destiny free from oppression.
- Just, that redresses inequality in our societies and the legacy of our shared history.
- Egalitarian, that serves the interests of the many, and never the few.
- Liberated, where all identities enjoy equal rights, recognition, and power.
- Solidaristic, where the struggle of each is the struggle of all.
- Sustainable, that respects planetary boundaries and protects frontline communities.
- Ecological, that brings human society into harmony with its habitat.
- Peaceful, where the violence of war is replaced by the diplomacy of peoples.
- Post-capitalist, that rewards all forms of labour while abolishing the cult of work.
- Prosperous, that eradicates poverty and invests in a future of shared abundance.
- Plural, where difference is celebrated as strength.
Read the Political Declaration of the Progressive International from the inaugural summit in September 2020.
If you have any questions or comments, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our team will get in touch with you.